|Do I get a certificate with the measurement data when I calibrate?||Yes, we document all calibrations in a certificate with the measured values. In case of an audit, the customer can prove the calibration with the issued certificate.|
|Do I have an accurate measuring device again after the calibration?|
During calibration, nothing is changed on the measuring device. Calibration means that the displayed values are compared with a reference standard. If the displayed values are within the measuring device tolerance to the standard, no adjustment is usually carried out.
In the case of deviations that are greater than the tolerance or at the customer's request, an adjustment to the standard value can be carried out (depending on the device). After an adjustment, a new calibration is necessary.
|Who determines the calibration interval?||The customer must determine the calibration interval according to his requirements (e.g. 1 year). APTOMET as a calibration laboratory is not allowed to prescribe a calibration interval for customer devices (according to ISO/IEC/EN 17025). However, we would be happy to advise you personally on the definition of calibration intervals. -> Contact|
|What happens if my device is out of tolerance?||We inform the customer immediately about the deviation. After consultation with the customer, the deviations can be tolerated by the customer (unit still meets his requirements), or the unit can be readjusted or may have to be repaired.|
|Are the batteries of the measuring instruments also checked during calibration?||Yes, for devices with batteries or a rechargeable battery, we check the condition of the batteries and replace batteries and rechargeable batteries if necessary.|
|For mains-operated units, is a safety test according to SNR 462638 (VDE 0701-0702) carried out during calibration?||Yes. For mains-operated units, we perform a safety test according to SNR 462638 (VDE 0701-0702) as standard during calibration.|
|What is the difference between an SCS calibration and a factory calibration?|
An SCS calibration is a calibration in the accredited range. The accredited measurement procedures have been reviewed and approved by the accreditation authorities. The accredited ranges are listed in the SCS directory.
In the case of factory calibrations, the measurement procedures have not been checked by an authority. However, we apply the same processes as for the accredited procedures.
|Can I also receive the calibration certificate as a PDF file?||Yes, we create a protected and electronically signed PDF file of each certificate, which we archive for at least 5 years. At the customer's request, the certificate can also be delivered as a PDF (e.g. by e-mail). Customers who have an APTObase account can retrieve the certificate from the database at any time via the internet.|
|What is the difference between calibration and verification?|
Verification and calibration are often confused activities. There is an article from the SAS (Swiss Accreditation Service) that explains the differences simply and quickly.
Publication courtesy of SAS: Often confused activities
Thank you for your interest and trust in our service. We look forward to carrying out your order. In order to provide you with the best possible turnaround time and to avoid additional work, please note the following when placing your order:
- Sending all components which are essential for the commissioning of the measuring device (e.g. key, software, adapter)
- Sending of measuring cables, adapters, mains cables is recommended (cables sent in will be tested, testing of mains cables according to SNR 462638)
- Indication and number of points to be measured for temperature and humidity measuring instruments is mandatory (APTOMET recommends at least 3 measuring points in the relevant measuring range)
- Description of the error / defect, if it is a repair order
- Sending of the last calibration certificate (e.g. from the manufacturer) is recommended, if it does not come from APTOMET
- Clear declaration of measuring equipment that is or could be contaminated with substances hazardous to health
- Indication of your delivery, invoice and certificate address (by default APTOMET issues certificates to the address according to the commercial register)
- Indication of the instrument-specific calibration interval or the due date, if requested to be indicated on the calibration tag on the instrument (by default APTOMET defines a 24 months interval and triggers a calibration recall for due instruments based on this interval)
- Appropriate packaging for sensitive instruments and reliable logistics partner
- If you have received a calibration recall from APTOMET, you can sign and date it and use it as a delivery note.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us personally. You will find our contact details under Contact.